2020-21 Pop Singers Auditions
Attention 2020-21 8th through 11th-grade Monarchs!!!!
If you are interested in trying-out for Pop Singers for the 2020-21 school year, please complete the applications below.
Mrs. Alexandra Rome will be taking over the direction of the group after Mrs. Amrein retires this year.
All dates mentioned in these documents are subject to change based on Health Department guidelines.
TMP-Marian Pop Singers Auditions, 2020-2021 School Year:
- The audition will be comprised of two prepared items: a solo of your choice, and the Star-Spangled Banner.
- The solo of your choice can be accompanied by a karaoke track, but the accompaniment is not required. If you need help in choosing a solo, please get in touch with Mrs. Rome ASAP. Her phone number is 785-639-0565 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Star-Spangled Banner will be a capella (no backtrack).
- Auditions will be submitted via video to Mrs. Rome’s (see above); please title your email “Pop Singers Audition.”
- For the video: Please record yourself in one take – don’t send multiple videos; send one video with both your song of choice and the Star-Spangled Banner. With your video, you should also attach your filled-out application and contract agreement. If you’re not sure of how to do that, please let Mrs. Rome know and she can talk you through it.
- Videos may be submitted Monday, May 11 through Tuesday, May 12.
- Auditions will be judged on Wednesday, May 13.
- The final roster will be sent out on Thursday, May 14 by NOON. Once the roster is sent out, students who make it must respond to the email within 24 hours to ensure it has been received.
- There will be a mandatory meeting via Zoom after the roster is posted; meeting date and Time TBA. Students who make the group and parents/guardians should attend.
- Audition submissions will be via video on May 11 or May 12.
- The submission should include a single video of the auditioner singing their selected song of choice and singing the Star-Spangled Banner.
- The submission should also include the auditioner’s filled-out application and contract. If the auditioner does not submit a filled-out application and contract, the audition will not be considered.
Please get in touch with Mrs. Rome via phone (call or text) or school email if you have any questions. (see #2 above for phone and email.)